Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
68197583

I currrently own a condo in Hollywood Ca. My neighbor, who

Customer Question

I currrently own a condo in Hollywood Ca. My neighbor, who is Russian. Is alwaus cpm[;aomomg anpit moise. Everytime I go to hang a picture up, or fix a baseboard etc, he complainsof the noise to the association. I just noticed that I have been fined a
couple of times for what he states is "construction", and I can not do any construction with out approv aal from the board. About two months ago, I was in my bathroom, whch I believe backs up to his bedroom, and I ran the bath wter. I guess he can her the
pipes in his bedroom, and this was abotu 3am, so he came over and sgtarted to ring my doorbell excessvely. I did not answer because he portrays a violent ttember, but I did start to record his actions thruough the peep hole. Prior to leaving my front door,
he backeed up, kicked m door with all of his might, yelled some obscenitys, and left. Yestereday, as he was ringining my doorbell excessively, I began ro re orred hin again. Another neighbor walked out of their unit, and asked him what he was doing. He stateed
that it was Sunday morning and we were doing construction, which we were not. It was 9:30am, and I was running a snaked down my sink whcih was clogged. The neighbor, with out even finding out what the noice was, said he woud go into his unit and call the police.
When he went inside, Alex, once again backed up, kicked my door with all his might, yelled some obscenities, and went into his unit. Again, Ivideo tapped it. What are my rights here, can I go to the police and fill out a report. Is thsi considered a violent
act, vandalism? Even if I was doing construction, which I am not, I don'tbelieve that there is any reason he can give for his actinos. I just want to know what I can do becasue I am not going to let him get away wiith this. Alex is also the President of the
b ard.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
The neighbor cannot harass you even if he is the President of the board.
You have every right to file a police complaint. You can also seek an order of protection against harassment by him.
Give me a moment and I will provide you with additional information.
CIVIL HARASSMENT RESTRAINING ORDERS
A civil harassment restraining order is a court order that helps protect people from violence, stalking, serious harassment, or threats of violence.
http://www.courts.ca.gov/1044.htm
http://www.kinseylaw.com/freestuff/selfhelp/civilharassment/freecivilharassmentforms.html
This person should also be removed from the board.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter.
If you would be kind enough to rate my service so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.
Thank you for using JA!
I wanted to follow up with you to make sure that the information I provided was helpful? Please let me know.