Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I sold my home, by owner, and the new owners refuse to transfer

Customer Question

I sold my home, by owner, and the new owners refuse to transfer the title. Both parties signed an agreement document.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
I apologize, I want to make sure I understand the issue above - you are the seller, and are having trouble with the buyer? (Usually as the seller, this would not be a problem, you would simply sign the title document (grant deed, warranty deed, or quit claim deed) and either record it with the County Recorder's office, or have the escrow company do it for you (preferred).
Usually these problems occur if you are the buyer and the seller is refusing to record title.