Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Expensive fence between property A and Property belonging

Customer Question

Expensive fence between property A and Property B belonging to B and on his property. Healthy big tree on property of A blown over in storm and falls partly into B's property. Owner of tree hires company to remove fallen tree and pays for removal. B hires fence repairer and fence is repaired. B wants A to pay for repair of fence. A says its B's fence and on his property and that it is B's responsibility for the repair. Who is right?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Storm damage is usually considered an "Act of God" , and there is (in most states) no liability for damage when trees fall. There may be an exception if it can be proved that the owner of the tree was negligent in not ascertaining that the tree was rotten, and could fall in a storm. I hope this Answer is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello Again. Do you have any further questions? Here is an interesting article that I came across on line: http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southcentral/2012/11/02/268636.htm. If not, I hope that you will take the time to enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I will be compensated for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.