Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Joint ownership of home bought to rehab and rent three years

Customer Question

Joint ownership of home bought to rehab and rent three years ago. This turned out to be a failure. How do I dissolve this as easy as possible when the other owner wants more money from me than is feasible.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
You always have the option of walking away and letting the chips fall where they may. Going to court over it is not an "easy" solution, but it can be done in order to force a sale of the property as it is now. You might recover some of your investment that way. Without knowing more facts about the situation, it's hard to say. I can sympathise with your situation. Been there, done that. I wish you the best of luck.