Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I just purchased a home which I discovered has a noticable

Customer Question

I just purchased a home which I discovered has a noticable cigarette smell. I was aware the seller smoked, but was led to believe that any smoking took place in the sunroom which is separate from the rest of the house. I was not aware of any oders previously. My wife is disabled, and has respiratory problems, and is afraid to occupy the house no matter what. My question is, can I rent the house, or sell. I have an assumable low interest VA loan. If not, are there any other alternatives?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. When you performed the walk through inspection, did you notice this? Did you ever ask the seller to bring in a professional to remove the odor? In the loan which you took, are there any restrictions on your ability to sell or rent for a time period?