CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I own a time share. We would like to rent this time share out.

Customer Question

I own a time share. We would like to rent this time share out. They are saying we must pay them this amount of money in order for us to rent it out. Please help us. We need you to tell us if this is some kind of scheme going on. My number is ***** (894-1834). We
were told this before and it did not happen.
Please help us.
Thank you,
Ruth J. Slay
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Check the terms of your timeshare agreement. This is going to be your controlling document, if the timeshare agreement has a fee provision for you to lease out the unit, they can charge this fee, if it does not, the company is not permitted to add in such a fee afterwards (they cannot unilaterally change the terms of your contract).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Dear Customer, I do not provide telephone calls - my hourly rate is far in excess of the small fee charged for this "Q&A" session, and I do not wish to provide the impression that we have an attorney/client relationship through this forum. If you desire a phone call, you can post a second question and post in the initial question that you are looking for "Additional Services" and another expert will provide you with an "offer" giving their fee for this additional service and additional instructions.