CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I bought some land in Hugo Ok. and it was in two pieces a 1

Customer Question

I bought some land in Hugo Ok. and it was in two pieces a 1 acre and a 1.5 acre, I got the deed from China Davis on the 1 acre and a deed on the other from China Davis but I have found out that that piece was in Andrew Wheeler and China Davis jointly. They won't take a call from me because of all the dirty stuff they have done. How can I get this fixed so I have a clear deed? Thanks, ***** ***** Stillwater OK
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the way to do this is somewhat complicated. The court action is a very specific legal claim called "quiet title" and is a procedurally complex suit, so you will want to hire an attorney to represent you (if you don't follow all the steps correctly, you don't get the judgment you need - so it is very important to have it done right).You can also file additional causes of action for fraud and breach of contract, and hopefully get a money damages judgment in the same suit if the facts warrant it.You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).