Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

My neighbor have a tree alease 50 ft tall it cover most of

Customer Question

my neighbor have a tree alease 50 ft tall it cover most of my back yard. it is messing up my gutters down spout ,roof interior my back bedroom,air condition and so many other things what to do? D I need a attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
As a legal matter, you are allowed by law to trim any encroaching branches back to your property line. You do not need the neighbor's permission.
The only caveats are that you may not trespass to do the trimming and you must use reasonable care so as not to kill or injure the tree.
You do not need an attorney to do this. Just a saw.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.