How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31949
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbor have a tree alease 50 ft tall it cover most of

Customer Question

my neighbor have a tree alease 50 ft tall it cover most of my back yard. it is messing up my gutters down spout ,roof interior my back bedroom,air condition and so many other things what to do? D I need a attorney
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
As a legal matter, you are allowed by law to trim any encroaching branches back to your property line. You do not need the neighbor's permission.
The only caveats are that you may not trespass to do the trimming and you must use reasonable care so as not to kill or injure the tree.
You do not need an attorney to do this. Just a saw.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.