ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

I have a contractor to fix my roof and the siding of my

Customer Question

I have a contractor to fix my roof and the siding of my house he subcontracted roofer and will give me 2 years warranty, in the past I had a roofer whom we had agreement for yearly maintainable to make the roof last longer this contractor refuse to give
me the contact if the roofer or give me an agreement for maintainable I am not happy to sign 2 years warranty only I like some reasonable assurances What are my rights?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. There's no legal obligation for a roofer to even give a warranty, much less a maintenance agreement. A roofer can provide the bare minimum of installation services and be done. That's what can be legally done. Anything in addition would be up to what the roofer offers or what you can work out with the roofer.
As such, I'm sorry to say that you have no "rights" to a maintenance agreement where he has to maintain it every year, etc... Like I said, you don't even have any rights to a warranty. That's offered voluntarily by the roofer. But IF there's a warranty, there are restrictions and regulations on how that's to be enforced, and if it's not honored you can take the roofer to court under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. But that law doesn't mandate a warranty or anything more (such as a maintenance agreement). It only states that IF a warranty is provided, it has to be done in a certain way.
I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?