RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

Going thur fore closure there going to aution off house will

Customer Question

going thur fore closure there going to aution off house will I be liable for diferance
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. In Florida, the lender does have the option of going after you for the deficiency. However, this typically depends on if they think you have any money or assets for them to go after or else it is not worth the time, effort or money. If they do go after you, you would need to be served and placed on notice. These days, the lender is happy to just get the property back, sell it and recoup their money but you need to be aware that they are allowed to go after the deficiency, if they wanted to. Now, if a judgment has yet to be entered, you can always see if the lender would agree to a consent judgment and agree to waive their right to deficiency as part of the deal, to expedite the foreclosure.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!