CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I purchased a modular home in 2009. I have a Bill of Sale &

Customer Question

I purchased a modular home in 2009. I have a Bill of Sale & Proof of Purchase from the Seller. I placed the modular home on my land & have been paying real estate taxes that include the modular home in Ray County, MO. I allowed my father to reside there & he recently passed away. As I was taking care of his estate, It came to my attention that the modular home has been placed in someone else's name. I did not sale or give it to anyone. It was my understanding that as soon as I started paying real estate taxes on the property it was no longer considered personal property & the title was void. I contacted the individual who is on the certificate of title & they stated they purchased the modular home directly from the Seller. I know this is not factual, because I did. This individual has told me that they will give me the modular home back for $10,000. I already have proof that I purchased the modular home. I need legal assistance.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,I am very sorry to learn of this situation - you can sue this individual for fraud, and for "declaratory relief" (a cause of action asking the court to issue an order giving you title in your name).These causes of action are not common enough to have free forms online, but you can find them in your local law library, and possibly in your local court's self help center.