ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

If a couple purchased a home and was evicted payments

Customer Question

If a couple purchased a home and was evicted for non payments can they purchase the same house
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If a couple purchased a home and was evicted for non payments can they purchase the same house again when it goes back on the market
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
I assume that the way the couple lost the house was through foreclosure. There's no law about purchasing back property that was sold through foreclosure. Note that in certain voluntary situations (short sale, deed in lieu) where a contract is signed, the transfers would need to be "bona fide" "arms length" transactions. But if they were kicked out in a foreclosure, they can certainly purchase the property when it comes back on the market. Now the seller does not need to agree to sell. That is, if the bank owns the house, it can choose to refuse to sell it to the couple. But there's no law against the couple purchasing it, if the seller is in agreement.
Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Also, if it's any other issue (such as a purchase contract, purchase option, etc...) there's no law about not being able to purchase it, but again, that's still up to the seller.
If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks the reply it answered my question.
My pleasure. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please RATE my answer positively below AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a positively. Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!