Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

After our divorce trial, DC judge ordered me to sign a realtor's sales agreement (c

Customer Question

After our divorce trial, DC judge ordered me to sign a realtor's sales agreement (chosen by my ex-husband ) who had not even seen the house, theoretically based on his Findings of Facts--that did not specify the sale of the house. In fact, he suggested we might want to rent it. A month later, he ordered a court appointed attorney to assume my function as co-owner because ex's atty falsely alleged I was "not cooperating." No procedure for partition. When the house sold, ex's attorney and settlement attorney withheld the entire proceeds ( over $2 million) with no authorization, for ten months until judge awarded him $145,000 attorney fees--later reversed on appeal. Yes, I had an attorney--4 of them. Three were in cahoots with ex's atty., the fourth was later disbarred for abandoning his clients. Judge's strings were pulled by ex's atty. I know everything in the litigation was crooked and worthy of a RICO claim but no DC attorney will take the case. Can a judge simply order the sale
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
It looks like your question got cut off. Can you take a look and let me know what's missing?