ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

Is it possible to tow a car parked in a private property for

Customer Question

Is it possible to tow a car parked in a private property for more than 5 days from a handicap parking stall if the placard is clearly displayed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. Yes, it is possible. Private property parking is subject to the owner of that property. That is, as long as the vehicle wasn't towed for failing to display the placard (but for some other reason, such as being there too long, or not having the right to park in that space, etc...) then it would be possible to do so. Now if the vehicle was towed simply because it "did not" display the placard (understanding that it did) then a case could be made against the tow company and the property owner that had the vehicle towed. In other words, if it should not have been towed, then the owner of the vehicle could sue for the costs incurred as a result of the wrongful towing. Ultimately it would need to be determined if it was the private property owner that contacted the tow company, and if so, the case would be against that person (as the tow company would have done nothing wrong). If the tow company did this on their own accord, outside of the authorization of the private property owner, the case would be against them. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?
Are you there?
My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or higher. It's only then I am credited.
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, and again, good luck to you!