CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

How do I sue broker - real estate agent

Customer Question

how do I sue broker - real estate agent
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
These suits are generally based on "standard of care" - you can sue them for breach of contract, negligence, and breach of fiduciary duty depending on what has happened in your case, but in almost all cases you are going to have to produce experts to testify regarding the standard of care for the profession, causation, and damages.Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a professional malpractice plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis - provided there is a viable cause of action and sufficient damages - (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment). You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).