Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own a condo in Fort Myers. Each owner and spouse have club

Customer Question

I own a condo in Fort Myers. Each owner and spouse have club privileges including greens fees, court time, and facilities access for which there is a mandatory monthly fee. The fee is per-unit and the same for all units. My wife and I never got around to making our relationship a matter of law. Her name is ***** ***** the deed; the property is deeded to my trust. They have denied my wife a club card because we are not married. But none of the other members are required to prove a marriage exists; just the two of us. We do not have the same last name, but we do share a common permanent home address. I believe each condo is entitled to two membership cards and that our legal status don't befront them. I believe that if they enforce this in our case then they should show proof of marriage for all couples where they have issued two club cards. Does this have legs?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and that you for your question.
I would need to see the wording of in your governing documents for club privileges. Sometimes it is limited to the person(s) named on the deed.