Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am 70 years old. I've been renting a guest house behind the

Customer Question

I am 70 years old. I've been renting a guest house behind the bigger house in front. I have been here 17 years, even though it's been a month to month. Last week I was told that they sold the house, it's in escrow and I have to be out the beginning of July.
That's not too much time to pack and move, plus find a place to move. I still work from Tuesday thru Saturday.
They said the buyer wants it quickly, that's the only way he would buy it. My landlords offer where they wanted to move didn't pan out, so they may have to rent a place till they find one.
Is this alright for them to rush me out? I am hoping that I don't end up homeless, with my belongings in storage. I was always told that I would get plenty of notice. But, that's not what happened.
some people tell me its because its sold ~~~ while others tell me I should have more time.
I thought it was time to consult. Thanks so much for letting me know.
Sincerely, Patsy
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Would 60 days be enough time to locate a new place?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.