Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We bought a new house and have been here months and

Customer Question

We bought a new house and have been here for six months and found water damage in the walls that was not found in our inspection. It is obvious that it has been that way for a long period of time by the rotted wood. Is the inspector liable for not finding it?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Do you have reason to believe the inspector was negligent in some way or could have found the damage if he/she acted diligently? Do you have any reason to believe the sellers knew of the damage and did not disclose it or tried to cover it up?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.