Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I filled out an application for

Customer Question

Hi. My name is Viv***** *****. I filled out an application for an apapartment, at Diamond Mesa Apartments Home in Albuquerque. As i was filling out the application, the agent added my income and told me the ammount. The total was based on my overtime pay the agent renting me the apartment told me the income was not enough but don't worry about it. I emailed her copies of my paystubs the same night. While in 450,model apartment i viewed, she told me the bar income needs to be 38,000, but told me the apartment is mine regardless.
The reason i went to this complex was because a co-worker told me about it. When the agent and i sat in the office she added my pay including overtime she told me what to write on the application for in come.
On Saturday May 31st, this same agent called me and asked me if i could get a letter from my employer to asked for a letter gaunteeing my overtime will be 30 hours a week. I told her that is something my employer would not write a letter. She told me its ok, everthing will be ok.
After i checked my account i saw that the check i wrote to the complex cleared May 29th.
I went back to the property to ask for my funds back, she told me they would not refund it because i wrote my income on the application and it signed that the informaton was true.
I called my co-worker to tell her not to send anyone else there to rent an apartment she said she wouldn't and then she told me that she signed her leave broke i did and they haven't cashed her check yet.
My co-worker is willing to sign something starting that fact.
Is the any legal action i can take against them?
The girl told me i had the apartment, i wrote the check for $450
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Can you please clarify this statement? then she told me that she signed her leave broke i did and they haven't cashed her check yet.
Also, are they willing to rent you the apartment even without the letter or are they denying it because you can not get the letter?