Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

My cousin lives in Woodridge, NY(Queens) and has no lease.

Customer Question

My cousin lives in Woodridge, NY(Queens) and has no lease. Building was sold and new Landlord wants her out. Whats her rights
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Your cousin is a month to month tenant. As such, the new owner, or your cousin, may terminate the tenancy upon 30 days written notice. If your cousin does not leave after 30 days then the landlord must file for an eviction in the courts. The landlord can not evict your cousin without obtaining an order of possession.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, Its the same answer I had from books I readl I thought there might be something I missed. Thank you anyway

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.