Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in RE Law, including LL/Tenant, contractor disputes, comm'l prop. issues
20355756

Is there someone who can interpret my cc&r's? Example am I

Customer Question

Is there someone who can interpret my cc&r's? Example am I responsible for maintaining and repairing of the stone on the exterior on my unit?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there Jim -
-
Under the current format of questions and answers, we can review a specific provision or two and tell you what it means as analyzed against what the board and you are actually doing at the property and what the board claims you are responsible for and what they are responsible for.
-
However, we are not permitted to review the entire CC & R document and interpret it for you on a point by point basis and then answer specific questions for you regarding your issues with the board's interpretation unless you are willing to pay for document review and analysis through Just Answer's Additional Services program where customer service sets up an additional charge for a more in depth document review and question session. If you are interested in such a service, please press the positive rating below and I can ask customer service to prepare an Additional Services offer and submit it to you (you do not have to accept it if you choose not to do so).
-
Regarding the shutter V stone exterior argument, this could be a situation where the same shutters are on the exterior of ALL units and to keep them clean, uniform and appropriate for weatherization, the board believes that the shutters because they are on all units and have a function aside from just looking good on all the buildings (but I am sure that uniform aesthetic qualities on all of the buildings was a part of the decision to pay for the shutters on the buildings). By the same token, if the stone exterior is not on ALL units then the overall value of those units would be different than the units that do not have the stone exteriors and so the uneven values and the fact that paying for the stone exteriors of some of the units that have them does not collectively benefit every and all home owners and all unit values.
-
Please let me know if that helps and whether or not you would like to receive the Additional Services offering to review the entire CCR document and comment upon it =
-
MAry