Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We purchased our home in 2007 and put on the market to sell

Customer Question

We purchased our home in 2007 and put on the market to sell it in April, 2015. We also had prepared and recorded a life estate deed so our son will have no problems obtaining ownership upon our deaths. Our bank states that we are no longer the owner but that our son is and that we have to wait 90 days from the day the deed was executed before we can sell it due to a flipping law. We are not flipping the home and we are definitely not inflating the price. We realize our son will have to be involved in the the sale and mortgage once we have a closing. I had advised both our realtor and the bank that the document existed and they did not advise us that we could not sell it.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Can you tell me what state this is in?
.
Did your bank cite a specific law or just state this 90 day requirement generally?
.
.
thanks