Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

Bought my property 7 years ago , nothing mentioned about a

Customer Question

bought my property 7 years ago , nothing mentioned about a faulty foundation at all ! knew that there were leaks in basement so some foundation issues were a given ! I have rcently excavated around a portion of my foundation to discover that the fieldstone foundation has been improperly "fixed" on numerous occasions throughout the 100 years since my place was built water has made its way up to the wooden header and has wicked its way deep into the structural integrity of the building what responsibility if any should I expect from the originating selling entity?and or financial institution that established the value of said property at the time of my purchase?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
While I cannot comment on your specific situation, unfortunate, generally unless the real estate property is sold with some type of written warranty, neither the seller nor the mortgage lender would have any liability for a faulty foundation, especially 7 years after property was purchased, since it is up to the buyer to conduct complete inspection of the property and its condition, prior to the closing.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.