CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I recently had a ligitiment refinance program with my own

Customer Question

I recently had a ligitiment refinance
program with my own Lender under the Obama plan for people could't make their house payments , my loan was adjusted almost $100.00 dollars. I have never received any paper work for me and now after the fact they say I owe extra escrow. When I called them they did not know anything about it and was to get back with me in a few days and now it's over 2 weeks. I received a notice in writing that my house had exceeded the amount they quoted me because of the the escrow shortage. This was to be finished by the 1st day of January, what should I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Based only on what you have posted, this sounds as if it is a case of predatory lending - you should look into hiring a lawyer as most attorneys that specialize in this type of litigation will take on these cases (at least those with merit) on a contingency basis - meaning they will advance their services and costs of litigation in exchange for a portion of your recovery (so you can sue the bank, either as part of your bankruptcy in an adversary proceeding, or outside of your bankruptcy in state court, without paying out of pocket).Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and again, many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment). You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).