CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I need to find out how to get a real-time satellite shot from

Customer Question

I need to find out how to get a real-time satellite shot from Google Earth but cannot find out how to contact them...I need to speak with someone regarding how to get this...I need this for court...a major trucking company hit (and ran) my land cruiser and my neighbors car. They claim that none of their trucks were in the area...they said they had google earth to prove it...they will not give me that information and told me it was up to me to prove that there truck was in the area...other than the fact that both my neighbor and I saw the truck...I am willing to pay for the search if the cost is within reason. Please let me know how I can get someone to talk to at Google Earth
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
This is not how you would go about proving the truck was there (there are several reasons - Google Earth does not get real time satellite imagery, even if they did, and you were to get an image, you would need someone from Google to come to court and testify regarding the authenticity of the document in order to get the image into evidence). If the trucking company claims they have this image - ask them for it in discovery through what is called a "Request for Production" (you should be sending them Interrogatories, Requests for Production, and Requests for Admission to get their information). Most trucking companies have GPS tracking devices on their trucks (not all do, but perhaps yours does) ask them about this in an interrogatory, then ask them for tracking information on that specific truck.Testimony from your neighbor that saw the truck can be introduced as evidence to contradict the trucking company's.If you are not represented by counsel, I would strongly suggest that you consider retaining an attorney - it appears you have at least a decent (if not a very good) case, but you are at risk of losing based only on a lack of knowledge of procedural and evidentiary law (this is a common problem for "pro per" litigants - those without an attorney) as it is difficult to represent yourself in court where you are trying to learn the complexities of civil litigation and deal with an uncooperative opposing party at the same time.I would recommend at least paying for a consultation with a local civil litigation attorney to help you develop a strategy to deal with your case and come up with a plan for how to move forward. Again, it sounds like you have a strong claim (and you probably have access to some very good evidence - but you are being sent on a wild goose chase to track down useless information from Google). A local attorney can help you review your case and develop a strategy that will help you move forward constructively.