CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I belong to a HOA and the president of our committee tells

Customer Question

I belong to a HOA and the president of our committee tells me if they can not furnish home owners or renters a place to store extra junk and all kinds of things that they can put anything they want on their lost front and back yards..... we have by laws that state that we do not put all these things in our front yard... I need to get copy of who is right the committee or our by laws.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
The by-laws are correct, the committee is wrong.The governing documents are controlling, statements made by your committee members (individually or as a group) cannot overrule or countermand specific rules within your governing documents.