What you described is referred to in law as a nuisance
A private nuisance occurs when the activity of another interferes with use and enjoyment of your property.
A nuisance is a tort (civil court matter) and these cases are filed all of the time. https://www.justia.com/trials-litigation/docs/caci/2000/2021.html
“In legal theory, what's called a private nuisance occurs whenever someone prevents or disturbs your use or enjoyment of your property. For example, if your neighbor lets his dog bark all night, preventing you from sleeping, that's a private nuisance. If the barking persists and causes you real discomfort after you ask that the dog be kept quiet, you can sue.
To successfully sue someone for causing a private nuisance, you must prove that:
• you own, rent, or lease property
• the defendant created or maintained a condition that was
o harmful to your health
o indecent or offensive, or
o obstructed your free use of your property
• you did not consent to the person's conduct
• the person's conduct interfered with your use or enjoyment of your property
• the conduct would be reasonably annoying or disturbing to an ordinary person
• you were, in fact, harmed (for example, your sleep was disturbed) by the person's conduct, and
• the seriousness of the harm outweighs the public benefit of the conduct.”
Monetary damages can be awarded. This is handled on a case by case basis http://nuisances.uslegal.com/civil-liability/elements-in-establishing-liability/
As far as law enforcement is concerned if they are ignoring the law the California Attorney General is the top law enforcement official in the State. You can contact the attorney general at https://oag.ca.gov/
You have a case. If you can tell me the county you are located in I can provide a link for attorneys in your area that provide free consultations?