CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

MY NAME IS ***** ***** I LIVE IN ALBANY N Y I HAVE

Customer Question

HI MY NAME IS ***** ***** LIVE IN ALBANY N Y I HAVE LITMITED INCOME FOR ME AND MY SON I AM IN MENTAL HEEATH HAVE SECTION 8 WANT TO MOVE FOR MEDAL AND DOMESTIC REASON CAN YOU GUILD ME
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
You will want to ensure that you keep your Section 8 housing eligibility - so start with the Albany Housing Authority (http://www.albanyhousing.org/). Contact them, notify them that you need to move for health reasons, where you need to move to and why, and they can assist you in locating approved housing within the program.Section 8 works on an eligibility wait list, so you want to ensure that you don't just pick up and leave your current housing arrangement as that can remove your eligibility and you will be left on a wait list which will leave you without a housing subsidy for a period of time that can range from weeks to months depending on the local housing market.I do wish you and your son the very best, ***** ***** that you follow up with the housing authority and get all of the information in writing, if you speak to someone by phone promptly send them a follow up "confirmation letter" to ensure that you correctly understand what they tell you and to avoid confusion or misunderstandings later (keep copies for your own records).