Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I'm in the process of purchasing property from a family member

Customer Question

I'm in the process of purchasing property from a family member of the property owner who has been to since 1986 we agreed to at least to own with me taking possession of the property and being responsible for remodeling the property getting insurance on the property and making the property livable I made a deposit of $30,000 cash and the property owner said that he was going on get me the title within a year and it is approaching a year next month what should I do he haven't been back he won't answer his phone and I have invested over $100,000 into this property
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
When you say you are purchasing the property from a family member of the owner, do you mean that the family member has a power of attorney so as to give them legal authority to sell the property?
.
Is there any written contract that sets out the terms of the agreement?
.
If so, have you complied with all the terms of the agreement?
.
.
thanks