How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 54550
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What happens to the property if one party on a deed dies that

Customer Question

what happens to the property if one party on a deed dies that is on a deed that states "joint ownership tenant entirety"
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
In that case, the property passes automatically to the surviving owner. No probate is necessary and any will is not relevant because the property passes automatically. The surviving owner simply needs to file an Affidavit of Death of Joint Tenant in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located to clear up the record title due to the death. If you need a template for the Affidavit, let me know and I'll be happy to provide one for you. :)
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Related Real Estate Law Questions