Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have lived in my current residence 10 years. The

Customer Question

I have lived in my current residence for over 10 years. The house belongs to my boyfriend that passed away last July. Now some people have asked to open the Estate and also recieved a letter of foreclosure. How long do I have before they can kick me out?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
You would have the right to remain in the residence until the actual foreclosure sale. Once the sale occurs, title/ownership of the property transfers, and you have to vacate.
However, that can take several months to complete -- so you've likely got a few months, and possibly more. It just depends when the creditor begins the process.