Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own a pc of property in MO which started as 10A. I sold

Customer Question

I own a pc of property in MO which started as 10A. I sold 4.15 to friends who have since divorced and sold property. The original Warranty Deed showe an ingress/egress thru my property to their landlocked pc. that specifically said the easement ran with the land.
Since that time the county forced me to form a "minor or administrative subdivision" and the text f that changed to a 30' easement (as described by surveyor) The neighbor has decided he can do whatever he wants, cut my grass, park, throw trash, as well as erect a fence on a portion of the property. He also hasn't followed the directive of county to have his portion surveyed so seems to believe he owns the 30' pc. I have talked to 3 attorneys (& pd a good deal of money to get an answer which I still don't have.)
Can you describe to me what Missouri law states re "easement"
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Easements are a very large source of law and legal doctrine.
What specifically are you asking, such as, "who has the DUTY to care for the easement," and/or something else?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.