P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

As a seller, can I limit my choices of sales to only cash and

Customer Question

As a seller, can I limit my choices of sales to only cash and conventional buyers? Am I required to accept V A loans?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
As a seller you can absolutely dictate the terms of the sale; for example, you can require that the sale be in cash.
Additionally, you could refuse to accept a VA loan. VA loans are, in general, expensive for the seller. The VA requires additional processing in this can lead to additional costs. There is no legal prohibition to you refusing to accept a VA loan as part of your sales contract.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.