Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

I bought a home in Puebla Mexico 3 years ago but have since

Customer Question

I bought a home in Puebla Mexico 3 years ago but have since moved back to the US and am selling the home. I still have a valid Mexican Residency card and a CURP but am informed that I need a RFC. How can I quickly get an RFC? (The buyer won't wait long for the house.)
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
The RFC is very easy to get - the whole process is began online - see here and click on the option you want.
If one already has an SAT and/or a CURP, the RFC should be ready within days if filed online. The only problem is that if there is a glitch, it may take calls or an office visit to expedite the issue.
But generally, it does not take that long at all.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.