Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

I NED TO KNOW HOW TO GET N EVITION OFF MY CREDIT? i was doing owner financing on a house a

Customer Question

I NED TO KNOW HOW TO GET N EVITION OFF MY CREDIT? i was doing owner financing on a house and with in 10 days they made 3 diffrent leases for me to sign then evicted me and kept my 1800 deposit amnd first months rent.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they said i could rent if i had a letter from a lawyer stating it was completed
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
1. Who is "they"?
2. stating what was completed.
Please clarify the above. Also need more information on why you think you were evicted and whether there was ever a court order signed saying that you were evicted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The people I'm wanting to rent from now. The eviction is not still on going or a judgemment is not pending.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Was an order ever signed by the court saying that you were evicted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there was a judgement for 1800 which was for the deposit and first months rent but they kept it and justified keeping it by saying it was for lawyer and everything after they kicked me out in 10 days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there was an eviction and a judgement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the judgement was already paid cause they kept my money from rent and deposit but its sayig it is not and i cant rent anywhere now because of it
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
It appears that the LL never notified the court that the debt was paid or that the court did not note on the judgment that it was satisfied by virtue of the LL getting to keep the deposit and first month's rent.
So, first thing to try is contact the LL and see if he is will to file a satisfaction of judgment on your behalf. See AL law on this at the link below:
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/25/5/3/25-5-93
At the link below is a form you can use as a GO-BY as did not locate an AL version of the form on the web. Or you can ask the court clerk if they have a form that you can pick up and take to the LL.
http://www.wsba.org/~/media/Files/Licensing_Lawyer%20Conduct/LPO/LPO%20Forms%20PDF/62-05_ir_%20Sat_%20of%20Judgment.ashx
If the LL is not willing to voluntarily help you, then you will have to sue the LL in a declaratory judgment [DJ] action to get a court order that says that the judgment has been satisfied. You can then use that order to have the credit bureaus show that the judgment has been paid.
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/6/6/5
See link above on DJ laws.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!