P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

We are getting a brand new sewer system in my area. I have

Customer Question

We are getting a brand new sewer system in my area. I have a problem with the contractor about going past the right of way and damaging my property. What can I do about it?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, who hired the contractor? The city? County? Home owners association?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The County
Thank you. ***** point would be to talk with the county about this. If the county is employing a contractor, and that contractor is damaging your property? The county would be liable for the damages.
Now, if the county refuses to take action? You could sue the county to recover for the damages you suffer as a result of the contractor's actions.
Ohio revised code section 2743.02 is the section where the state waives immunity from liability for certain acts. If they hire a contractor, and that contractor damages your property? The county would be liable for the damages.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.