Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Is there a minimum percentage of appraised value that is required by law that you must sel

Customer Question

Is there a minimum percentage of appraised value that is required by law that you must sell property? For example, is it a law that you must sell your property for at least 75% of the appraised value?
Also, if an adjacent property (owned by a second party) is 'landlocked' and can only be accessed through another property, what are Kansas laws regarding granting access? Lastly, if access is required to be provided, is there any law governing the pricing of granting access? IE: via secure gates?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
It depends on the situation. For example if you are selling property to be eligible for Medicaid or similar benefits there is a look back period and you need to sell for fair market value or it could be considered a fraudulent transfer,
Can you explain why you want to sell lower than the appraised value?
If property is landlocked the person that owns that landlocked property may have an easement by necessity without paying anything for access,
Please explain the situation so I can assist you.