Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

Regarding homeowner associations in Delaware, is the association

Customer Question

Regarding homeowner associations in Delaware, is the association required to give a homeowner in the community a copy of the covenants if requested.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
http://delcode.delaware.gov/title25/c081/sc03/index.shtml
At the link above under the section shown below you will find the law that applies.
§ 81-318 Association records.
(b) Subject to the provisions of subsection (c) of this section, all records kept by the association, including the association's membership list and address, and aggregate salary information of employees of the association, shall be available for examination and copying by a unit owner or the unit owner's authorized agent so long as the request is made in good faith and for a proper purpose related to the owner's membership in the association.
So, the answer to your question is Yes.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!