Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am looking to sue my HOA of privacy and for

Customer Question

I am looking to sue my HOA for invasion of privacy and for a ridiculous fine I recently received of $1,000.00. I live in West Palm Beach Florida, and on May 29th, 2014 I received a "Notice Of Violation" from my HOA, about me having sun curtains and rain curtains on my back patio. They asked me to remove them because they said that they are in violation to modifications to the exterior of my unit. I replied to them and told them that all the units have blinds, shutters, etc. and asked them why am I not allowed to have a similar sun blocking feature on my back patio. I also told them that I put up the rain curtains during the rainy months, and take them down during non rainy months. The curtains are totally removable and are transparent. I never received any response, but I do have the email that I sent them explaining why I have sun curtains, etc., and the reason for them. Today, I received a notice that they fined me $1,000.00 for not removing the curtains which is absurd. Where can I find an attorney in my area that handles HOA law?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
Here is a list of HOA attorneys in part West Palm Beach: http://www.lawyers.com/homeowners-association-law/west-palm-beach/florida/law-firms/