Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Can I collect rent from a Trailer Park that allowed one of

Customer Question

Can I collect rent from a Trailer Park that allowed one of their seasonal trailers to extend a porch 8 feet over our adjoining property line. The property was surveyed to confirm the trespassing. It has been 5 years to get the porch removed. I calculated rent fee of $2500 based on the annual fee for the trailer and a 300 square feet of area the trailer owner used of our property. I have photos and a certified copy of the survey. Is there additional info that I should present to the Small Claims court? Thank you. George
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I'm sorry for the dilemms but I want to make sure I understand your question; are you the deeded property owner for this lot? Or are you renting the lot?