RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I am being unfairly evicted from my apartment ... Can you help

Customer Question

I am being unfairly evicted from my apartment ... Can you help me?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. We are not able to represent you but I would be happy to answer and questions you may have or provide you with information regarding the situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why are you unable to represent me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Just Answer does not provide legal representation. There is no attorney client privilege formed here or legal advice given.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am being unfairly evicted from my apartment .. Which documents do you need to see or do you want an explanation regarding the eviction?
An explanation please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am being wrongfully evicted from my apartment because the manager got mad at me for asking to have things repaired in the apartment .. I have requested these repairs at least 6 times & she doesn't want to be bothered so she put an eviction notice on my door. I have never broken any of the rules of the complex. What can I do about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the third time in 3 days that I have submitted my question & I never get an answer .. however .. You have charged my bank account $41.00 .. What is going on here?
Thank you for the reply. The landlord is not allow to retaliate against you. A legal duty/obligation that the landlord has, is making the necessary repairs on the rental. If you requested these and they have failed to do so in a reasonable time, then they would be in breach of the rental agreement. Now, you shared that you made the request 6 times and if the landlord is retaliating against you for doing this and wants you out of the rental so that they do not have to make them, then you could have a legal defense. If you are in compliance with the rental agreement, you need to show the Judge the written requests you made, along with the actual damage and show that the landlord has not taken any action and you are not in breach of the lease and their decision to evict is based solely on not wanting to make the repairs and wanting you out.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told by another attorney that in California, a landlord can evict with no reason at all .. Is this true?
If you are on a month to month lease, a landlord can end it with the proper written notice, for no reason at all. However, if a tenant has a valid lease and/or is in compliance with their monthly lease, then the landlord does need to have a legal basis to terminate it early.
Did this help clarify?