RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

Can a Homeowners Association put a lien on my property for

Customer Question

Can a Homeowners Association put a lien on my property for not paying HOA fees?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Yes, the HOA can and this happens all the time. Pursuant to the rules and regulations which you agreed to when moving into the home, you agreed and they are allowed to do this, to secure the money owed, if the dues are not paid. What you want to be aware of is that the HOA can also foreclose on the home if they wanted to and you would lose your legal interest in it. As such, if you are behind, you want to try and work something out with them to repay what is past due, to prevent this from happening.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.