Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

In Madison County, North Carolina, I already have written

Customer Question

In Madison County, North Carolina, I already have written approval for a shed from two years ago. Can a newly elected HOA board order me take it off my property?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
They cannot. Once you have approval, you have the right for anything approved to be grandfathered. The HOA would have no legal right to cause you to remove this shed; the only thing the HOA could do in the future if they change their rules regarding sheds is if this shed needed to be replaced, they could require approval and/or deny that approval at that time. But, even then, they could only do so if they had not granted others approval or waived this restriction in the interim.
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!