Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

How can i gave some of my land to my son i still have a no

Customer Question

How can i gave some of my land to my son i still have a note
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
You can simply sign a deed transferring title to whatever interest in the land you choose. The deed will need to be witnessed, notarized, and then recorded in the real property records. The land will transfer subject to the lien securing the note, but your son will have no personal liability for that note. The only risk is a foreclosure of the property should you default on the note. If this is residential real property, Federal law would prevent the lender from accelerating the loan. If not, then you would either want to get the lender's consent or you could do the transfer with the hope the lender wouldn't know or care and if the lender later made a stink about it, you could refinance the loan.
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!