Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am harassed neighbor - can you help me?I am terrorized by the childr

Customer Question

I am harassed neighbor - can you help me?
I am terrorized by the children and yelled at by a neighbor. Tonight I just said goodbye to my daughter and the neighbor put a "cap" on top of my fence post. He then called my name and jumped on top of my fence and said it was my onus to prove I am not crazy and that the fence belongs to me.
The fence does belong to me as does the fence post. There is a LONG history with this fence. The previous owner put up her fence 1 ft and 6 inches inside HER property line and allowed the neighbor to ATTACH his fence to her fence post.
The neighbor wants me to put up a new fence and have it surveyed on my own dime as it's My owns to prove.
I have a platt map of the fence line that proves my ownership and he is a construction contractor - NOT NEW TO THE NEGHBORHOOD - but recently purchased (in February) the house next door with the fence in question. His wife yelled at me NOT TO SPEAK TO HER KIDS IN "THAT TONE OF VOICE" and the kid had climbed
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you out of this situation,
I am not sure that mediation would work with a neighbor who is so bent starting an argument with you and then blaming you for this. I did not understand what else this attorney had done for you to try and correct the problem. In 1 or 2 sentences, please tell me what steps this attorney has taken or has told you to take, just so that I do not repeat something you have already tried.
Thank you an I look forward to your reply,
ANDREA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In response back to you about what advise my attorney gave me as did the police - they could not help. All I was offered was to not talk to the neighbors (by the police) and advised to seek mediation then a summons to appear delivered to the neighbors and so forth - many forms and lots of time I can not afford let alone a bunch of money.I need to feel safe in my own home.
I need to obtain a cease and desist (which the police tell me is only for family disputes)
There seems to be no way I can stay ahead and remain in control of this situation except to move and I do not or did not ever want to do that and am now faced with threats as to my personal mental stability (my mother had Alzheimer's - my neighbors behind me are hiding behind the fact that they have an adult foster home for Alzheimer's patients. The neighbor's beside me seem to be after my land and my fence. I don't know how to defend myself with no alternative actions allowed. It's have loved to had a picture of that man on my fence and a video of him telling me "if you touch that cap atop MY FENCE POST" it and it's a civil matter between you and me. He deliberately did the "fence and cap thing" and I see no alternative except in retribution for his actions I can paint my fence glow in the dark white and the post too - or I can ignore him and the fence but every day means I get more anxious and more hateful towards him. I can not believe that he is unaware of this and that there is MUCH MORE beneath his outward hostilities than meets the eye. Such as, I believe he has his parents who were sitting on the veranda as his witness's goading him on because they want to have the fence line re-surveyed. If I have it resurveyed I will have lost the one thing that keeps people OFF my back and my property - the previous owner was "smart enough" to have the fence put in 1 foot and 6" according to the 2007 platt map from the neighbors yard - if they put up a fence they either have to put it on my property, have their own survey (which I believe they already had) and they don't want to leave a 1'6" between us - I'd THINK that would be wonderful!!!!!:)There is a lot at stake here - my home, my life style, my future and my happiness not to mention going to the poor house and dying there.What to do?
Thank you sincerely(###) ###-####phone ( I don't have text just voice mail)