Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I have a neighbor that blocks his part of the driveway with

Customer Question

I have a neighbor that blocks his part of the driveway with car that prevents me from using it . is there any thing i could do
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the neighbor is obstructing or impairing your use of the driveway and you cannot resolve this dispute with him, then you need to take the survey and you need to file a lawsuit in the supreme court civil division or the district court and you need to ask the court to issue an injunction to stop him from continuing to do so and to pay you damages for him preventing your use of your property.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i have done the survey and it starts i owe 50 percent of the driveway i think heres a copy of it

Thank you for your reply.

If your neighbor will not move, you have to go to court to sue him for trespass on your property and conversion of your property and get the court to order him to stop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

even if he is parked on his side of the driveway ?

Thank you for your reply.

You said he is parking in a manner that obstructs your use, if he is doing that, then you have a claim to sue him still for obstructing your driveway property. If he is properly using his driveway and you simply cannot get your car in, then there is little the court can do about that. You have to prove he is parked in such a way that it obstructs your driveway.