Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

HOW DO I FIND IF A NEIGHBOR FILED CHARGES AGAINST ME BECAUSE

Customer Question

HOW DO I FIND IF A NEIGHBOR FILED CHARGES AGAINST ME BECAUSE I CALLED ABOUT TRASH IN HIS YARD
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
You can call the clerk of the Civil and Criminal Courts in your county to see if there is any pending case with your name on it. If he called police, they'll usually contact you (unless they realize there's no merit to his allegations). For a civil case, he's required to serve you with notice of the suit, so someone would hand you a copy of the Complaint and Summons. But talking to the clerk of the court may give you a head's up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
either tell me if i have been charged with anything or opt out of the question
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize if you thought that asking HOW YOU could find out if you were charged meant that I was going to be doing the legwork for you without charging my normal hourly rate as an attorney.
Since you did not give a name, no other expert is going to be able to tell you more than I did, but I'm happy to exit the conversation.
Have a splendid day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
roger neal deaton
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no answer given