WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Bright Masonry Inc, pursued a legal action to collect $8K and

Customer Question

Bright Masonry Inc, pursued a legal action to collect $8K and their lawyers filed a lien to sell my house. Last Friday, an Arlington Circuit Court issued by Judge Daniel S. Fiore was posted on my door, and the locks changed to prevent me entering the property. This evening, the plaintiff lawyer told me to remove my stuff so he could sell the house by next week. This is my house of 40- years, and am 70 yo and have yet to find an attorney who specialize in those cases. I need help disparately. Pls. help I am waiting anxiously for all advice to see and know what can be done tomorrow if there is no lawyer available to help.
Thank you in advance. my email:***@******.***
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't wait for a day I agreed to pay expecting the response sooner than a day. If there is no answer by 7am Eastern time. I will have to cancel the service as I have to see local lawyers. Pls. don't charge my credit card any more. Thank you .
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
You need to go to the judge and tell the judge that you have paid the $8,000 and to stop the foreclosure. First of all, a foreclosure action on an $8,000 debt is completely unreasonable. Second, you are not responsible for those outrageous legal fees either. Third, the attorney who told you to file bankruptcy is out of his mind too.
You need to go to the clerk of the court in person and tell the clerk that you need an emergency hearing to stop the foreclosure. Then tell it to the judge that you have paid the $8,000 and the matter should be closed once and for all.
Good luck to you. I wish you all the best. Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question now. Thank you.