Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have lived at my residents years. I have never rented

Customer Question

I have lived at my residents for 6 years. I have never rented a property and I was approached by the aqauintences if I would be interested in moving in it was perfect because I could keep my son in school district. Upon moving in I asked about a lease I was told we know you we just want someone to take care of property. There where problems with the house through the years I mentioned them and they would go unattended. Usually my son would end up doing them after they would never follow through. Eventually I brought more repairs up she cried and stated I wish I could help you her husband stated we are not doing any repairs. Two weeks later they contacted me and stated what repairs do you want done. I stated that at this time I felt it best that the city be involved which I found out was required they accused me of denying them doing repairs which I responded with no I just want this situation set right. I have also learned that they are committing some type of mortgage. Upon learning of all this I am in the process of moving out and should be out within a week yet they keep harassing me. I know they are 3 months behind on the mortgage as well as taxes. I am positive they are trying to rent this property again. I also understand this was done to the people prior to me. My question is I know what mortgage company it is I would like to report what is going on and let them know I will be out in a week will the mortgage company work with me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for requesting me.
Have you paid rent for the month of May?