P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

I was evicted due to non payment of rent...do they have a right

Customer Question

I was evicted due to non payment of rent...do they have a right to keep my housefull of belongings
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details. Absolutely not. That is, the landlord has no right to hold your personal property hostage to demand payment for a perceived debt. You can sue the landlord, in small claims court, to recover the value of your personal property. Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.